Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Black/White Circles Assignment


In this composition I wanted to have the reader start in the middle and be able to look out and two directions creating balance. Although it is asymmetry which means two halves are unequal, the twirls go off to the right and left. At first I only had black circles so I put white circles inbetween the black circles to create rhythm but act as a balance as well. Now the reader can start at either end of the curvy line and end up in the middle which I created differently on purpose. I created it on purpose to throw off the reader a bit but yet the balance and rhythm are still in tact.


In this compoisiton I wanted to expand on my first idea. I thought my first composition was boring so I connected the two ends to create a circle. Then I was intrigued by the Fibonacci Spiral so I wanted to add that concept into my composition as well. However that part was not so successful but I liked it because of proportion. As a viewer, your eye wants to focus on the three big black circles but instead it goes around the whole composition because of the white circles. The white circles makes it more visually intriguing adding a second circle/spiral on top although it is not physically connected. Like my first composition I expanded on that middle part but made more circles within eachother and threw it into my second composition.



No comments:

Post a Comment