Monday, March 28, 2011

A Lamp - Art Deco and Art Nouvea Style


Out of the two, I had the most trouble with art nouveau because I had to essentially create an organic-shaped lamp. What I did was examine the movement of the lamp then create my art piece according too where my eye traveled. I put most emphasis on the top of the lamp because it was the heaviest part of the lamp and also because it was the most intricate part of the piece. As for the art deco lamp, it was easier because what I did was transformed any organic shapes into geometric shapes and exaggerated the proportions. Then instead of showing the intricate design on the original lamp shade with curvy lines, I used dots.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the Art Deco lamp. The stippling ads quite a bit of detail also. I would like to see the base, or maybe the base is just implied? Nice design.

    ReplyDelete